With a pleasant weather throughout the year, Santa Ana is also known as the sunny capital of Southern California. There are also several tourist attractions including beautiful architectural wonders, historical sites and lush parks in the city for travelers to enjoy.
Image by Arnold C. via Wikimedia Commons
Santa Ana Demographic and Geographical Fast Facts
- Santa Ana belong to the Orange County and is located in Southern California.
- Santa Ana is second mos populous city in Orange County of California and 57th most populous city of USA.
- With a population of 329,427, Santa Ana is ranked fourth in residents over 300,000
- Santa Ana was also ranked the fourth safest city in USA by Forbes.
- About 31% of the city’s population is under the age of 18 years old, making it the youngest city in America.
- The Ethnic composition of Minneapolis includes White (45.9%), Hispanic (78.2%) African American (1.5%), Native American (1.0%), Non-Hispanic White (9.2%), Asians (10.5%), Pacific Islander (0.3%), Other Races (37.2%) and Two or more Races (3.6%).
Santa Ana's Historical Fast Facts
- Santa Ana was just a mustard field, located in the middle of nowhere, before it became an actual city in 1869.
- The old stone courthouse has a tower, spacing over an entire city block and is higher than any building in town.
- The initial European explorers reached the boundaries of Orange County in 1769; they wanted to name the area Santa Ana or The Valley of Saint Anne.
Santa Ana's Government and Economy Fast Facts
- The first office of Wells Fargo opened in Santa Ana in 1874.
- Santa Ana is known to be a Charter City.
- Santa Ana had to fight against Anaheim to become the seat of the government of Orange County.
Santa Ana's Interesting and Important Fast Facts
- Santa Ana shares its name with Santa Ana Freeway, Santa Ana Mountains and Santa Ana Winds.
- It is known for having the highest household occupancy rates in USA (only cities with population of 100,000 and above).
- The notable Sexlinger Orchard is among the first orange orchards in Santa Ana.
- Contrary to the popular belief, the infamous Santa Ana winds were not named after the city.
- The popular shopping mall – Westfield MainPlace was built to restore the city’s reputation in 1980’s.
- The shopping mall is known for creating more than 2,000 jobs and is one of the main reasons for increasing Santa Ana’s revenue.
- Due to large number of immigrants, more than 80% of the population does not speak English inside their homes.
- Rickenbacker, the company responsible for making guitars for legendary rock artists, is based in Santa Ana.
- The famous actress - Diane Keaton, attended Santa Ana Community College.
- Dr. Willella Howe-Waffle was among the first women doctors in Orange County. She also has a house named after her.
- Santa Ana Zoo has been a popular picnic spot for locals since 1952 and also offers several educational opportunities for children.
- 11th January 1949 was the first year it snowed in Santa Ana, which was enough for children to build snowmen and ride temporary sleds.